E-mail MeRobert I. Reardon Jr.
Attorney Robert I. Reardon, Jr. has practiced law for over 40 years. While his practice has been varied, he has always been recognized for his work as a trial lawyer. He is certified as a Specialist in Civil Trial Law by The National Board of Trial Advocacy, one of about 100 attorneys in Connecticut who have received that distinction. He is known for his work in personal injury and wrongful death litigation, especially relating to complex motor vehicle accidents, product defects and medical malpractice. Attorney Reardon graduated from Boston College (Bachelor of Science in Economics, cum laude) in 1967 and Fordham University School of Law (Doctor of Law, cum laude) in 1970. After practicing law briefly in New London, he was called to service as a Captain in the U.S. Marine Corps from 1971 through 1973, where he prosecuted and defended over 200 contested courts martial. After his military service, he returned to the practice of law in the city of New London where he joined the firm.
In 1985, Attorney Reardon was appointed an Attorney State Trial Referee by the honorable Ellen Ash Peters, Chief Justice of the Connecticut Supreme Court. He is the author of "After the Dust Settles — Other Modes of Relief" published in the Advocate. He has lectured at numerous professional seminars and authored many legal journal articles.
Attorney Reardon is admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court; the Connecticut Supreme Court; the United States Court of Military Appeals; the United States Court of Appeals, Second Circuit; the United States Navy-Marine Corps Court of Military Review; the United States District Court, District of Connecticut; and the United States Claims Court. He is past President of the Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association and has previously served as a Governor and Delegate of the Connecticut Bar Association and as a Governor of the American Association for Justice representing Connecticut.
In 1976, he was recipient of the American Bar Association Award of Achievement for significant contributions to the legal profession.
Over the decades, he has received countless awards and honors. Since 2006, he has been recognized every year as one of Connecticut's Super Lawyers.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury and Wrongful Death Litigation
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Product Defects
- Medical Malpractice
Certified Legal Specialties
- Civil Trial Law, The National Board of Trial Advocacy
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit
- U. S. Court of Military Appeals
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Fordham University School of Law, New York, New York
- Doctor of Law cum laude - 1970
- Boston College
- B.S.cum laude - 1967
- Major: Economics
- After the Dust Settles — Other Modes of Relief
Honors and Awards
- American Bar Association Award of Achievement, 1976
- Connecticut's Super Lawyers, 2006 - Present
Past Employment Positions
- U.S. Marine Corps, Captain, 1971 - 1973
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, Past President
- Connecticut Bar Association, Governor and Delegate
- American Association for Justice, Governor