Ensuring Accountability for Surgical Malpractice in Connecticut
Patients who undergo surgery quite literally place their lives in their surgeons' hands. Surgical errors can lead to serious injuries and death.
The lawyers at The Reardon Law Firm, P.C., are dedicated to fighting for our clients' right to obtain full compensation for their injuries and losses. We have handled surgical error cases involving:
- Instruments abandoned in a patient's body: Sponges, surgical equipment and other items are sometimes left behind in a patient's body during surgery.
- Operating on the wrong body part: There are times when a physician may open up the wrong side of a patient's body or operate on the wrong body part entirely.
- Anesthesia error: Even the slightest miscalculation by an anesthesiologist before surgery can cause serious, long-term injuries or wrongful death.
We have a proud history of successful verdicts and settlements for our clients. More importantly, we handle each case with the empathy and care that we would expect from a lawyer representing our loved ones.
Experience Uncovering Causation in Medical Malpractice Cases
Leaving instruments in patients' bodies, operating on incorrect body parts and making critical anesthesia errors are clear and obvious cases of medical negligence. Many cases are not so obvious, however, and it takes an extraordinary amount of expertise to determine what went wrong. Our attorneys and the network of experts we use have the experience necessary to establish causation and liability in surgical error cases.
Tips for Avoiding Surgical Errors
There are some things you can do to minimize the chances of surgical error:
- Work with a surgeon you know you can trust: Use online resources, personal connections and references to make sure you are working with a surgeon who has experience and a track record of excellence.
- Get a second opinion: Especially when it comes to something as serious as surgery, get a second opinion regarding all of your surgeon's recommendations.
- Follow doctor's orders: When you have found a surgeon you can trust, it is important to follow all of his or her instructions regarding food and drink before surgery and recovery after surgery.
Connecticut Surgery Negligence Attorneys
All cases are taken on a contingency fee basis. To speak with a New London surgical errors lawyer about how to obtain compensation for injuries or the loss of a loved one due to malpractice, call our office or e-mail the firm.
Se habla español.